Monday, August 12, 2013

Cards with Vellum

 
I was really excited when I realized that the July Hip 2-B Square kit included vellum! Vellum is one of those products that is making a comeback. It was really trendy when I first began scrapping 8 years ago. Of course, since I was still learning the ins & outs of the hobby at that time, I was a bit unsure how to use this product and ended up giving the small stash I had of it away in the end. The vellum now is nothing like it was when I first started scrapping. Most of my old stash had cute sentiments printed on it. This stuff comes by the sheet and you can you it a number of ways- embossing, stamping, layering. The possibilities are vast. I used it on 2 of my cards today, I punched out a butterfly and layered it on my first card. I adhered it to the card in the center & then used enamel dots cover the adhesive & draw your eye to the butterfly. I love adding subtle details to my projects - they lend interest to a project while keeping it from looking like a hot mess.

 
On this next card,  I simply cut a rectangle and layered it on my card base.
Again, the detail is very subtle but still noticeable.
 
This last card makes great use of the sticker sheet that was included in this month's kit.
My favorite HAS to be the airplane.
 

Thanks for popping by!
HUGS & Happy Surfing!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

such a stunning collection of cards! Love them..x