Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Uh Oh... ;)

Have I crossed over to the dark side of knitting??
Kinda. ;)
 
A few weeks ago, I went to a crop and was given a crash course as how to use the sashay yarn I have been hoarding since last Winter. I came home and started playing with it and became OBSESSED, using up all 3 of the balls that I had in my stash (I had nothing scrappy that was pending, so I had a bit of free time to play with some other craftiness). I then went out and found a few more balls and made some for 2 sweet little girls I know at my little boy's school. To date, I have completed and given away 4 sashay scarves, 1 ribbon scarf, 1 Twist & Twirl scarf (maybe my favorite but am not sure if I am brave enough to wear it - see below) and these 2 made using a broomstick stitch thanks to a Mom I know from the playground (she sent me a link and of course, I had to look it up). Oddly enough, both of these knitters are named Cheryl.
 
What my sashay scarf looked like - pic is borrowed however. :)
 
 I didn't take pics of most of the scarves for some reason, they knit up fast (in about 3-4 hours depending on your speed) and I gave them away immediately. I did take pics of these.
BTW, I got this GORGEOUS varigated rainbow colored yarn from Trish's Crafty Corner last week and intend to pick up another ball. She has a WONDERFUL selection and very reasonable prices. If you are a local knitter, you should check her out.



 Ribbon Yarn Scarf
 
 
I did have ONE scrappy commitement last week however: the oh-so-wonderful Catherine from Scrapbook & Cards Today asked me to contribute in the World Cardmaking Day celebration on their blog last Saturday. Needless to say, I was SUPER STOKED!! I used a sketch from PageMaps and paper pieced a hot air balloon for my Valentine Day card.
 
 
 And speaking of paper piecing -I realized that I never got around to posting this LO of Little Man & his BFF (apologies - out of respect for his Momma's privacy, I blurred the photo the other little guy's face). 



 
And with that, I will pause for a brief announcement from our sponsors. ;)
Thanks for coming by - I REALLY appreciate your visit.
HUGS & Happy Surfing!

2 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Well aren't you clever making such pretty scares... love the wool!
Cindy, your card and layout are just gorgeous... I'm a sucker for hot air balloons. :)

Hip 2-b Square said...

Your scarves are amazing. You have so many wonderful talents. :D The clever little owls on your layout are FAB!!! xo Kimberly