Tuesday, October 30, 2012

First Day (of school)

Wow. I am lucky to hiy 5 blog posts this month. EEK!
This LO is the last of my September assignments for Hip 2-B Square and I think might be my favorite. We had a LOT of rain on the first day of school this year and I was reduced to having only indoor shots. My Little Man and I have come to an agreement when taking pics. So as not to get only scary, crazy, wild facial expressions and 'cheese-smiles' from him, I tell him he has to give me anice 'Mommy-smile' first and then after I get my 'my-kid-is-a-sweetie-and-totally-adorable' shot, I take as many crazy pics as he wants (usually on sports mode because he jumps and moves around so much, it's hard not to get blurry pics). This time, I am glad that I did, because his funny-face expression fit the mood of my LO perfectly. The other 2 pics are courtesy of Hubby's camera phn. It was far too rainy to cart my Canon out that day, I am really glad I have a back up for rainy days like these. 
 
I made the rain drops with my Fiskars punch & borrowed the wooden button from my stash- the rest is from the Septmber Hip kit + Add-ons.
 



 
This pic is from Friday night Trunk or Treating that we had at Little Man's school last week.
LOVE how well the Spidey costume worked out and the weather was gorgeous!

 
Sunday was a leaf raking day (not that you can from my yard right now ;) )
and Little Man was more than happy to oblige me with some leaf pile jumping shots.
This one is my favorite, I was able to get down pretty low on this one and love the angle.


 
Thanks for stopping by!
HUGS & Happy Surfing :)

3 comments:

Hip 2-b Square said...

Hi Cindy! Your layout is awesome! I love the Jillibean products combined with the woodgrain Simple Stories stuff. I always love the things that you create with our HIP KITS. The spiderman costume is great!!! Glad to hear that your weather was good. Ours is going to include pouring rain. :( Happy Halloween! xo Kimberly

Melinda Spinks said...

LOL! What is it with boys and crazy face photos? I'm going to have to try your technique with Benjamin because I very rarely get a nice photo of him.
Love what you've done with the layout Cindy, and those raindrops are too cute.

scrappymo! said...

Great layout...love all the little details and the fab embellishments.