Thursday, August 30, 2012

Baker Man & a New Upcycle

Hi Scrappy Peeps!
Can you believe that Summer is almost over?!?
I can't. It honestly seems like YESTERDAY that school was let out.
How can 2 months go by so fast??
The countdown has begun - 6 days until the start of school. EEK!
 
I have been catching up on some very overdue LOs (the pics on this one are from Winter 2011).
Little Man loves to be a 'cooker' and mix anything that I am working on in the kitchen.
I don't bake much, but this snow day seemed like a perfect oppertuninty to play with him in the kitchen  (with a little help from Betty Crocker ;) )
Supplies: Cardstock & Buttons American Crafts; Papers, Stickers & Alphas Bella Blvd.;
DMC Floss 



 
I have also been cleaning out the summer clothes and came up with a moutainous lump of old T-shirts from all 3 of us and wanted to make some use out of the better shaped T's before I gave the rest to charity & hubby for rags in the garage.
 
I cut very narrow, continuous strips from each T (this rug also includes a pair of my old pink flannel PJ pants) and rolled them like a ball of yarn. I then crocheted (sorry, I don't have a pattern or stitch count, I just pulled the rows apart when they started to ruffle and tried again) and used the biggest hook I could find. This one took me about 5 hrs (would have been about 3 hrs if I wasn't pulling it apart every so often). I love it and plan on using it in my scrappy space since I don't get many oppertunities to use pink in a house with all boys.
 
I would easily make these more often but they leave my hands pretty stiff for a day or so.


 
That's all I have for now.
Please make sure to stop by on Saturday for an American Crafts blog hop.
Happy Thurday!

4 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun fun layout!

my summer ended last week! this is our second week of school already! i can't believe it!

laura said...

Terrific layout. This is my first summer in Massachusetts and I am shocked that it is getting dark by 7pm and the leaves are changing already....but I love I have my air conditioning off and lovely cool nights.

Trish said...

That's a really cute LO. The rug - I have never thought of using material to crochet with. That's pretty ingenious!

Carol Vivenzio said...

your work is so cheerful, makes me smile