Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3 Minis

Last week was a busy craft week, with my sweet little neighbors birthday & then Mother's day, so I decided to streamline my projects and put together a few little mini albums. I got the idea from a team member's blog from the Papertrey Ink team but have never been able to find the post again. If anyone know's who I should be crediting, please PM me or drop me a line.


There are only a few componants to these Minis and the Mom & Nanny minis were both constructed out of one sheet of cardstock (including the protective cover) and scraps. The photos really take center stage here, so I left the embellishments as minimal as possible.

The dimensions of the albums are 4x4" and then the outer cover is about 4x10".
I started by scoring a 12" sheet at every 4" and then turned the sheet 90 degrees left and cut at every 4".
I then folded 2 of these retangle shapes accordian style and then adhered 1 full 4x4" block to another 4x4" block on the second rectangle. This gives you your album base.

You can then add to the album and leave it accordian style which will give you about 10 pages, but I adhered every second page to make mine into a book format (leaving  me with 4 inside pages and a front & back cover)

Here is a pic of the 3 albums with the protective covers.
I added buttons & brads to secure the string and then just loosely wrapped it to keep it closed.

I also added a protective strip to the outside of my album to act as a binding (see far left).
(and please pardon my finger in the corner of the pic, I couldn't get the cover to lay flat otherwise.)



This is the album I made for my sister in law (again, using mostly scraps and follwing the same format).
My SIL has a big personality, so I went a bit more wild with color on hers and added pops of yellow.



And lastly, this is Miss Michaela's mini.
She has 4 birds, a cat and a dog which she loves dearly, so I borrowed some pics, scanned them & and cropped them for her so she could carry a reminder of her 'babies' when she is at school.
(I cut the dog from a piece of Basic Grey paper that I have been hoarding for several years but I just knew I would have a chance to use it some day! ;)


Hopefully this inspires you to dig into your stash and make some inexpensive, yet wonderful little gifts.
Please link me in the comments section if you do!

Thanks for popping by!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
HUGS & Happy Surfing!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Your work is so beautiful Cindy.
I borrowed a page design from a gorgeous LO you did on the AC blog some time back. Here it is: http://wickysticket.blogspot.com/2012/05/clean-simple-easy.html