Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lizzy strikes again!

Happy Tuesday!
Yes, is the second post from me today but I couldn't help sharing this wreath that I made during the Easter Holidays. If you are looking for the post with the Hip 2-b Square contest winner, click HERE.

I really wanted something for my front door that said 'Spring' and turned to my favorite line of the moment, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan. I am quite concerned that I may end up hoarding every last piece since I can't bear to throw even the smallest scrap away.

The wreath was a fairly easy project, once I decided what I was going to do with it.
I wrapped the straw base in a gauzy type ribbon that I picked up on the cheap at the local $1 Store. I then made rolled flowers and dressed them up with handcut leaves, paper doilies and accordian style medallions. The hardest part was adhering them to the wreath using straight pins (your fingers will eventually be on the raw side from pushing them through). I made some pretty little paper ringlets and a bow and it was done. 

All supplies American Crafts unless otherwise noted.
Heart Song Paper (35631) -  Dear Lizzy Neapolitan, 6x6 Paper Pad (35658) -Neapolitan, Yellow Basics Ribbon Spool (58232) - Specialty, White Tulle Basics Ribbon Spool (58594) - Specialty
Other supplies: Wreath, Paper Doily, straight pins
Close up of the flowers.

I really love the soft colors and how sunny this makes my entrance look.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: