Thursday, March 1, 2012

New York 2010


When I got this project assignment, my first thought was to ask for a different project.
I usually run out of steam and inspiration with mini's. I guess I get bored too easily.
While I still may not be the biggest fan of mini albums, I can tell you working with this one was quite different from my normal experience. I think because this album differs so much from page to page, I found it easier to keep my pages and entries unique (which kept my mojo going).
Once I had settled on a theme and selected my papers & photos, the rest was much easier for me and I pretty much had this completed in a few hours. I still anticpate adding some more of my experiences from New York (it was such a fun place to spend a few days) but the format of this book makes it very easy to add to it and make it your own.

Here are a few of my favorite pages.

I LOVED that the cover has a protective covering on it. I added some adhesive fabric from The Amy Tangerine line to the cardstock cover and then layered some stickers & buttons to the top for a more dimensional look.

I also wanted to note the back cover as well (I left it pretty much bare BUT used my new Knock Out punch (Tiny Holes design) and threaded some embroidery floss through it and secured it around to the button on the front cover which acts as a great closure)







Supplies: Day Book, Off the Map (76212) - Amy Tangerine, Mustard (71036) - Cardstock, Is it Any Wonder Paper (35556) - Amy Tangerine, Daisy's Diner Paper (35539) - Garden Cafe, Mark Paper (35576) - Chap,  Jim Paper (35567) - Chap, Scott Paper (35575) - Chap, Maple Pineapple (53221) - Thickers, Wonder Kale (53263) - Thickers,  Daybook: Mixed Envelopes (78082) - Amy Tangerine, Plastic Buttons (85573) - Daydream, Premium Ribbon (89417) - Amy Tangerine, Mixtape: Washi Tape (61748) - Amy Tangerine,   Daybook Die Cut Shapes (77288) - Bits

Thanks for popping by!
Happy March!!

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow!!!!!!! I really really love your work!!!!!! :D This is the best mini!!!