Thursday, September 2, 2010

MLS projects!

If you are here for the Imaginisce blog hop,
 go HERE and comment. :)

*****************************
If you are just popping in, then I have my very first DT assignments
that I did for My Little Shoebox last month that I can share with you today.

My assignment for August was to do an altered item and 1 LO. I got so into it that I ended up doing TWO altered items and TWO LOs. Needless to say, I was having a total ball with the newly released Green Line.

I bought both of my altered items at the Dollar Store (Dollarama-Surprise!! My Second home).
The sign below is just a plain wooden plank, I un-knotted the cording, applied adhesive (I used the flat tip Tombow for this-all over so that your paper doesn't warp). I also marked a circle on the WRONG side of my paper using the 2 holes as guides and punched them out using my Crop A Dile. I also adhered the scallops on the back, border trims on the front and label the same way. I then pop dotted the tree, adhered, re-threaded my cording through the holes and Voila!! A super-duper quick, inexpensive and easy project :)

That project was so quick and easy that I felt guilty that I did it so fast and whipped this up as well. Both projects probably took me under 2 hrs together. I will personalize this when I decide what I am doing with it.
My friend Heather M. had a great idea of adding some bling (I think this will be a nice contrast to the papers-Thanks, H!)

This LO was ALOT of fun to do. I originally got the idea from a pillow I saw somwhere (I canNOT for the life of me remember if it was online, a mag or WHAT) but I remember it was a wedding theme all in white with some pearl beading. It was a gorgeous project-so much texture.I wondered if the pattern would translate well onto paper and I was REALLY happy with the outcome.
Also, this month My Little Shoebox partnered with Fiskars and we received some FABULOUS punches to work with. We received the Fiskars Effervescence border punch and the Loves Me, Loves Me Not Squeeze punch (I punched 3 per bloom and offset them for fullness).

Thanks so much for visiting and have a terrific day!
I'll have another new project to share with you very soon.

***************
If you are looking for more of My Little Shoebox projects,
see other posts on  my blog:
**Oh Happy Day (layout)


7 comments:

Amanda Muirhead said...

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!! I LOOOOVE what you did with the green triangle folds.... that is uber cool!! Love LM's room sign too. I just made one of those for Ris's room. When they get married they can hang them both in their room :)

Amanda Muirhead said...

oh p.s. I looked back through my blog posts and JJ gave me this advice on photos that were uploading sideways. I did what she said and it worked! Hope it works for you too!

"BTW - I think I know what your blogger issue is: you're editing in html mode. At least that's what it sounds like. (That's how I edit mine, as I'm an utter geek, and I add my own codes).

Above your editing box there are two tabs - one says 'edit html' and the other says 'compose'. Click on 'compose', and it should bring you back to what you are used to seeing. Let me know if this helps..."

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Cindy your projects are to die for. Great job on all! :)

{VICKI} said...

OMG! love thoses layers papers! what a great idea

erin said...

awesome job cindy!!!

Anonymous said...

love the way you did that paper! awesome & neat idea! very cute page!

Jessica said...

Very cute layout! TFS