Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mixer 24 & Scrapbooks N Stuff 1st DT Reveal

WOW. I MUST say I am LOVING the JUST DREAMY II line from My Mind's Eye that Scrapbooks 'n Stuff sent me for my FIRST DT kit. The colors are so vibrant and fun PLUS I got a sample of Worldwin cardstock and WOW! Love the fact that it is two-tone (with a deeper/shade of the same color on the opposite side-talk about getting a MAJOR bang for you buck! Yes, I AM a scrap-GEEK)


This LO is celebrating the fact that DH and I have been together EIGHTEEN years as of June (isn't that NUTSO??). This is a self portrait that we took and is 100% 'US'. LOL


All items are from the Scrapbooks n'Stuff DT kit EXCEPT the American Crafts Chipboard Alphas. :)


*****




**Close up picture**



******Mixer 24*******

First of all, I MUST welcome my new Team-mates to the Mix it Up! DT! They are a fabulously talented group existing of Raechelle Bellus, Erin Morehouse, Cherie Nymeyer and lastly (but certainly NOT least!) Estee Stone. Of course the ever talented, Mélanie Blackburn, Isabelle Gagnon and Juliana Michaels are still designing for MIU! (I am still wondering how I got so lucky to be asked to this fabulous group!) Please be sure to check out their fabulous creations!

Our Mixer this week was to use Juliana's ROCKING sketch and to scrap a picture of ourselves that is at LEAST 20 years old (mine is 30+ ;) ). I LOVE how this mixer came together for me-the sketch called for 3 photos, so I repeated the same photo except in b&w and smaller and replaced my third picture with this cutie patootie girl on the tricycle (cut from Sass Lass papers). I even mixed and matched my alphas from leftover Am Craft foam Thickers.

Did I mention our Mixers run for TWO weeks now?? So you have DOUBLE the time to play along with us! Our sponsor this month is Noel Mignon.

I am happy to say I made this LO with scraps (with the exception of the Swiss Dot Bazzill for the base) and I am THRILLED with how it turned out.

pps-MME, Sassafras Lass (girl), Cosmo Cricket tags, Pink Paislee (journal strips)

Martha Stewart Boarder punch

Bazzill cardstock

American Crafts foam thickers

Pearl bling (unknown)

Thanks a BUNCH for stopping by! I will have some fun photos from our PEI Trip this week in the next day or two!

Have a HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love the layout of you and your hubby.Sweet photo and the papers are so bright and eye catching.You rocked the mixer too.

Have fun in PEI,can't wait to see photos and hear the stories you'll have.

Amanda Winchester said...

THese are sweet! Love that layout of you and M. Can't wait to see your PEI pics :}

Tracey Taylor said...

I LOVE that LO of you and M. Such an adorale photo. I'm thinking I like that little touch of Sass on the second page. Too cute!!! Maybe, just maybe I'll dig mine out! LOL