Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Grief! I haven't posted in AWHILE........

OKAY. I went to the FUN-NEST scrappy retreat 2 weekends ago (put on by A Pile of Scrap in Fredricton). The food was AWESOME. The sleeping arangements were 'interesting' (we were in cabins with bunk beds-Thank GOD I got a bottom bunk!) BUT a GOOD time was had by all. I went there knowing only ONE person and made some GREAT friends while I was there. WE LAUGHED, SHOPPED and SCRAPPED our faces OFF!
However. I came home with the WORST SCRAPPY hangover EVER!! I was tired, napping and didn't want to scrap at ALL!! (WTH!!??!! I scrap EVERY day!!) I scrapped QUITE a bit while I was there (I did 5 LOs there and got them all MOSTLY finished-I had to put the finishing touches on at home). I will share over the course of the next few days.

BUT I have to share this LO I did with my Just Cre8 DT kit about the first sign of spring. This got some chuckles but REALLY-I see a Timmie's 'Roll up the Rim' and I am thinking warmer afternoons driving around with a coffee. A few people have told me it makes them feel spring-y too!!




All items from the April Just Cre8 kit which can be seen HERE: http://justcre8.com/index.html

HAPPY MONDAY, Everyone!!

(BTW-JJ?? I got the EK Success punch at Michael's of ALL places!)

8 comments:

Amanda Winchester said...

Love that LO, so cute and so true :) Glad you had a good retreat, I think I am so in for the next one!

Jenn Di Paolo said...

LOL! That is hilarious...and so true. I love the ribbon/stitching detail. Fantastic colours.

JJ Sobey said...

ROTFLMAO!! No M's in QC - my LSS is ordering it for me, LOL!

Love the new LO, BTW. Yup - a great sign of spring. Wonder if we can get Starbucks to do the same, LOL!

Amanda said...

Scrappy hangover -- LOL! Love it!

Cindye Wile said...

LOL ...love it. :)

Sounds like the retreat was a blast, I am attending one next month and can't wait.

Tracey Taylor said...

The retreat was a BLAST! Sorry 'bout the scrappy hangover though. Hope that is in the PAST!!

Love all the things you have going on on this page....esp. the waves and fun ribbon/stitching work.

Tanya said...

Totally FUN layout!

So glad to hear that you had a great weekend! The girls at Pile of Scrap are sweeties : ) AND so glad that you go out of the house and had some you time!

Hope your scrappy mojo jumps back quickly : )

Lee said...

I'm so stealing this layout :) It really is the first sign on spring!